Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Want to own a home nestled in a nuclear testing site?

I was indeed productive today...for a consecutive 3 hours. That's about all the "work" I can do at a crack before I feel compelled to completely shun responsibility. I say "work" because when you're not getting paid, it perhaps falls under volunteer services or maybe really boring and tedious hobbies? Either way, my bank account stays the same, and my brokers get one more day of stickin' it to me...I'm a chump. When the first couple commission checks never came in I figured they simply forgot. When asked for them, I was given the run around for a few weeks and then a guilt trip. Tough times...recession...housing market slow...my Porsche needed to be detailed...However, I've now accumulated 5 commission checks (one dating back to February 2008 in the staggering amount of $600) and now can't manage to locate my burglars er, brokers. Not to mention, the subdivision where my spec home resides looks to be either a nature preserve or a nuclear testing site. Overgrown weeds, For Sale signs toppled over, someone thought a t.v. from 1982 would be a nice addition to one of the lots, and my poor solitary home set within the back drop of a neglected real estate development. Have they fled the country? Could I rent out the subdivision to a cattle farmer and recoup some of my losses? Maybe allow RVs and campers to use some of the space for a nominal fee? See, I've got ideas on how to salvage this project!

I'm a huge fan of making lists. I make lists for everything. Shopping lists, to-do lists, packing lists, etc. A cursory glance at the to-do list sitting beside me, provides a tangible reminder of how much more I should have gotten done already. I choose not to allow this piece of paper to bully me around on such a beautiful day. So what if I've only crossed off 8 of the 23 tasks that need to be done before I leave for Alabama Saturday. I'm certain when the temp drops another 10 degrees I'll be reinvigorated and show that list who's boss. Now, if 90+ degrees is here to stay, then I can only throw up my white flag and succumb to the inevitable conclusion that 8 tasks is my limit.

1 comment:

  1. You need a bucket list, too. If you be my life coach, I'll help you with your list. Deal?

    ReplyDelete