Friday, June 19, 2009

The Essence of Boredom

I think by the time you're 25 and can't find a better use for your time other than blogging, it can only mean one of two things - a) your bursting with creativity that will not rest until it's shared with the world, or b) you really need a meaningful hobby, job or fish to take care of. I'm going to have to resign to option b. Woke up bright and early this morning, not quite sure what the plans were for the day, but filled with optimism at the possibilities of what this Friday might bring. 3 hours later...I started a blog. In my defense, I would be doing something else if the weather had fulfilled its end of the bargain - sunny, mid-80s - however, it's humid and raining. How can I be expected to take the world by storm when the storm is keeping me away from the world? Yes, I do own a raincoat; No, I will not be wearing it in public, walking around like a purposeless lunatic. So here I sit, waiting for the storm to pass, waiting for inspiration to strike. Suppose I'll settle for mild introspection at this point.

3 comments:

  1. Wow here I sit at age 47 and follow a complete lunatic....what is wrong with this picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I believe it means you're level of lunacy rivals mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm so bored! I'm listening to "Mix Tape Friday" on WGN Radio 720 am

    ReplyDelete